An innovative approach to increase enrollment and engage your member communities
With the ever-changing healthcare landscape, organizations are spending significant resources to enroll new members and retain their existing memberships.
Many are using traditional communication channels such as direct mail, print, radio and even email which are difficult to scale and don’t provide immediate results. In addition, the expense of these outreach efforts often outweighs the response rates. Since texting is the preferred communication channel of young people as well as ethnic groups, adopting a mobile first strategy for reaching and enrolling this demographic will be key to many healthcare payers and state run Healthcare Exchanges adapting to the changes driven by the Affordable Care Act.
By using the mobile channel as part of their community engagement strategies, insurers and exchanges can find and connect to their members in the most personal, effective way possible. Mobile is also an extremely effective tool for engaging hard to reach new members such as ethnic, minority and younger uninsured populations. As the Affordable Care Act launches in 2014, preventive care-including family planning and related services-will be more accessible and affordable. For people looking to switch insurers, or those who are currently uninsured and looking for insurance for the first time, mobile is a proven channel to ensure your outreach campaigns reach the largest audiences with the highest return.
Healthcare insurers can quickly and inexpensively send mobile messages that educate, promote and invoke behavior that leads to healthier lifestyles and a better quality of life - which ultimately leads to lower healthcare costs. Insurers can also use mobile to deliver better support by automating services like claims status, payment reminders, and facility location lookups, thus improving their overall member experience.
With mobile messaging, healthcare organizations can:
- Enroll more new members and then educate and inform members about wellness and prevention programs that lead to improved health outcomes
- Promote long-term healthier living through personal, targeted interactions that affect member behavior, such as nutrition advice and fitness tips
- Bring awareness and instructions on new healthcare marketplaces and state run exchanges
- Provide ongoing service through welcome calls, appointment reminders and health surveys
- Makes it easy for members to check claim or payment status and compensate their provider
- Drive change in the community via outreach programs with local partner organizations
- Create a seamless member experience using a preferred communication channel
Increase ReachOver 326M US mobile subscribers and 48M are uninsured
Target Members78% of consumers are interested in mobile heath solutions
Drive Engagement30% of smartphone users are likely to use "wellness apps" by 2015
Higher ROI99% of text messages are opened compared to 20% of emails
Whether your organization is just starting to look into mobile healthcare or one that has a clear plan of what to implement for mobile communications, OpenMarket the experience and ability to help you reach your goals. As a leading mobile engagement company, we help you quickly reach your member community with more meaningful conversations – through one secure, reliable platform. Contact us today to get started!