- Enterprise-driven approach to mobile engagement is a first for a charity sector organisation
- Mobile Engagement Platform will use two-way messaging to improve operational efficiency and break departmental silos
Cancer Research UK, one of the world’s leading cancer charities dedicated to saving lives through research, has appointed leading enterprise mobile engagement specialist OpenMarket to help drive fundraising activity, improve operational effectiveness and enhance their supporter communications.
As a complex organisation with over 4,000 employees, researchers, scientists and volunteers working across the country at any given moment, Cancer Research UK needs a holistic and device agnostic communications solution to be used across departments and integrate seamlessly with existing technology. OpenMarket’s Mobile Engagement Platform will utilise two-way messaging to improve internal communications, boost operational efficiency and help drive fundraising activity. OpenMarket will also guide Cancer Research UK on mobile engagement best practice for internal and external stakeholders.
A decisive factor to OpenMarket’s appointment was their Mobile Engagement Platform’s proven reliability and scalability – allowing Cancer Research UK to easily and seamlessly expand their mobile engagement activity when appropriate.
The first campaign deploying OpenMarket’s Mobile Engagement Platform was the recent Stand Up To Cancer campaign, a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4, where it seamlessly enabled SMS donations and Gift Aid solutions. The Mobile Engagement Platform successfully supported the large enterprise-level traffic generated by the most successful Stand Up To Cancer campaign to date, helping to raise more than £15 million to beat cancer sooner.
“We trust OpenMarket’s mobile engagement solutions to help improve our internal operations,” said Michael Docherty, director of digital at Cancer Research UK. “The results of their work with other large organisations are compelling and we look forward to implementing mobile interaction beyond our current fundraising activities,” Docherty said.
“Being appointed by Cancer Research UK further demonstrates OpenMarket’s position as a market leader in mobile engagement. Our proven track record working with a broad range of organisations gives them confidence to roll out enterprise focused mobile engagement strategies, which is quite unique for a charity,” said Adrian Sarosi, OpenMarket Director of Sales and Marketing, EMEA. “We look forward to a long and prosperous relationship with Cancer Research UK,” he said.
About Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
- Cancer Research UK’s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
- Cancer Research UK receives no government funding for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating cancer relies on every pound donated.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival rates in the UK double in the last forty years.
- Today, 2 in 4 people survive cancer. Cancer Research UK’s ambition is to accelerate progress so that 3 in 4 people will survive cancer within the next 20 years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK’s vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
About Stand Up To Cancer (UK)
Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising event from Channel 4 and Cancer Research UK
- 2014’s campaign total so far is £15,585,444
- In 2014, the live fundraising event was hosted by Davina McCall, Alan Carr and Dr. Christian Jessen and featured celebrity interviews and moving real life stories
- Stars such as Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Nicole Scherzinger, Pharrell Williams, Tom Hardy, Benedict Cumberbatch, Gillian Anderson, Britney Spears, Idris Elba, Andy Murray, Bradley Cooper, Taylor Swift, Martin Freeman, Jamie Oliver, Kathy Burke, Miranda Hart, Paul O’Grady and Richard Ayoade are just some of the talent who supported Stand Up To Cancer
- Visit Standuptocancer.org.uk or channel4.co.uk/SU2C for further information
OpenMarket, a division of Amdocs, helps enterprises use mobile to transform their business. OpenMarket provides mobile engagement solutions for organizations to optimize their operations and enhance relationships with their customers and employees. Major enterprises choose OpenMarket for our domain expertise, service flexibility, demonstrated performance and reliability, global scale, and corporate maturity. We provide smart, interactive connectivity to more than 200 countries, enabling businesses to engage with nearly every mobile user around the world. Our clients trust us to power their mobile business. For more information, visit www.openmarket.com.
For more than 30 years, Amdocs has ensured service providers’ success and embraced their biggest challenges. To win in the connected world, service providers rely on Amdocs to simplify the customer experience, harness the data explosion, stay ahead with new services and improve operational efficiency. The global company uniquely combines a market-leading BSS, OSS and network control and optimisation product portfolio with value-driven professional services and managed services operations. With revenue of $3.6 billion in fiscal 2014, Amdocs and its more than 22,000 employees serve customers in over 80 countries.
Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.
Amdocs’ Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs’ growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs’ ability to grow in the business markets that it serves, Amdocs’ ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company’s products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future; however, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2013 filed on December 09, 2013 and our quarterly 6-K forms furnished on February 11, May 15, 2014 and August 18, 2014.
Tel: +44 207 033 2660