OpenMarket, a leader in enterprise mobile engagement, today unveiled an infographic titled, “Why Enterprises Use Mobile Messaging,” detailing the impact and value of SMS for businesses globally. The infographic highlights data from OpenMarket research and independent mobile technology reports, and reveals ubiquity and reach, an ability to improve marketing and awareness, and a positive impact on customer experience initiatives, as the top three benefits of mobile messaging today.
As a leading mobile messaging provider, OpenMarket services over 400 enterprises, including four of the top 10 most respected global brands. The company created this infographic based on industry data and its more than 16 years of industry experience and insights powering thousands of mobile campaigns. The top takeaways include:
The Reach and Ubiquity of Mobile Messaging
- Mobile messaging is the most frequently used communication channel on the planet
- 90% of texts are read within the first three minutes of opening
- The growing, influential millennial age group is 40 times more likely to react and respond to a business via text
Mobile Messaging’s Impact on Marketing and Awareness
- Click-through rates for SMS are at nearly 20%, versus email at 2%
- SMS message read rates are 98%, versus email at 20%
- Mobile survey response rates are 20%, which is twice as high as phone polls and five times higher than online questionnaires
Transforming the Customer Experience
- 77% of millennials have a positive perception of a company they can text
- When using SMS, businesses have experienced a 20% decrease in customer call volume and a 25% increase in customer satisfaction
- 64% of consumers prefer texting over voice communication for customer service
To view the full infographic, visit “Why enterprises use mobile messaging“.
OpenMarket, a division of Amdocs, helps enterprises use mobile to transform their business. OpenMarket provides mobile engagement solutions for organizations to optimize their operations and enhance relationships with their customers and employees. Major enterprises choose OpenMarket for our domain expertise, service flexibility, demonstrated performance and reliability, global scale, and corporate maturity. We provide smart, interactive connectivity to more than 200 countries, enabling businesses to engage with nearly every mobile user around the world. Our clients trust us to power their mobile business. For more information, visit www.openmarket.com.
 “The Harris Poll 2014 RQ Report: A Survey of the U.S. General Public Using the Reputation Quotient,” Nielsen, April 2014.