SEATTLE, Washington – August 31, 2017 – OpenMarket, a global leader in mobile messaging, will present a webinar with the GSMA on Thursday, September 7, 2016 at 9:00 AM PST/5:00 PM BST on the state of the next evolution of mobile engagement, Rich Communication Services (RCS). This 50-minute webinar will discuss the developments, consumer preferences, and brand interest in RCS, with an open question-and-answers segment following the presentation.
Rich Communication Services (RCS) is poised to become the largest disruption in mobile engagement since the smartphone. Considered to be mobile messaging for the smartphone era, RCS gives brands more options to interact with customers by delivering rich content and mobile app-like functionality directly into the most commonly used feature of phones today, the SMS inbox. Rather than toggling between apps and the mobile web to access content, RCS has the added benefit of delivering a streamlined business-to-consumer experience. Brands who utilize RCS will deliver a single experience containing all the information consumers need and find most important. With all of its interactive capabilities, RCS is well-positioned to transform the way brands engage with customers.
Participants of this webinar will learn:
- The current state-of-the-union of RCS
- The major players in the RCS space
- Exclusive results of a four-country (US, UK, CA, ES) RCS survey which gets a pulse on consumer communication preferences
- How brands like FICO, Virgin Trains, and Sky are looking to use RCS
- How companies can capitalize on the next generation of mobile engagement
To register for the webinar: https://www.openmarket.com/rcs-the-next-evolution-of-mobile-engagement/
- Oisin Lunny – Oisin Lunny is the Chief Evangelist for OpenMarket. His background of over 21 years in technology and media includes roles as UK Managing Director for the world’s largest social space for teens, and Global Product Manager for Media Services at Europe’s largest network operator. He has spoken and moderated at over 130 conferences globally, contributes to The Guardian and Digital Doughnut, sits on advisory boards for SXSW and The Economist Big Think, and was named the #5 most engaged marketer in the UK by LinkedIn.
- David O’Byrne – David O’Byrne is IP Communications Project Director for GSM Association. David is responsible for standardization and adoption of Rich Communications Services by Operators, Vendors and Mobile Operating System providers. He is also responsible for continuous improvement in VoLTE, ViLTE and VoWiFi specification and deployment, and development of Messaging as a Platform. He is a regular speaker at industry events on the subject of the evolution of IP Communications.
OpenMarket helps the biggest brands in the world use mobile messaging to connect with their customers in the moments when it counts. When they need to be there and be responsive in real-time. When customer experience isn’t just a buzzword: it’s an obsession. OpenMarket combines a powerful, scalable and reliable platform with a deep understanding of how text messaging can transform business processes. It works closely with clients to deliver timely, useful and context-sensitive mobile messaging that surprises and delights their customers around the world at massive scale. OpenMarket calls this the Empathetic InteractionTM and its changing the way enterprises engage with their customers. With trusted relationships with mobile operators across the globe, OpenMarket offers faster time to market, and ongoing support for its enterprise customers. OpenMarket is an Amdocs company and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with regional offices in Detroit, London, Sydney, Pune, and Guadalajara.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences. For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
Barokas PR for OpenMarket