Resource Showcases How and Why Enterprise IT Organizations Leverage Mobile Messaging in the Era of Cloud and BYOD
OpenMarket, a leading enterprise mobile engagement company, today published a new white paper titled, “How CIOs Can Guide the Enterprise to Mobile Success.” The resource showcases how rapidly evolving megatrends such as cloud, BYOD and mobile are affecting business and CIO decision-making, including redefining the role of IT leaders and security organizations who must rapidly innovate their business operations and communications. The paper reveals how mobile messaging, particularly SMS, is used by Global 2000 CIOs as an efficient and effective mobile strategy to achieve successful business outcomes.
Today, 90 percent of consumers are mobile enabled, with over three billion mobile users and six billion mobile devices worldwide – making mobile the most effective channel for businesses to engage with customers and employees. As a result, enterprises must rethink their internal operations and the impact of mobile engagement on IT and security. The OpenMarket white paper examines the front-line responsibilities of IT and security organizations, including technical challenges of integration complexity and data security. The resource provides best practices for avoiding costly mistakes and pitfalls, and showcases how three different OpenMarket customers successfully implemented mobile messaging solutions to achieve greater business agility, competitive differentiation, and increased engagement and collaboration.
Topics discussed include:
- Enterprise Consumerization: The movement of consumer-oriented technologies into the workplace, including mobile devices, cloud services and social media, is forcing IT to rethink how the organization procures solutions and services.
- What Mobile Engagement Means for IT: The role of IT is rapidly being reshaped. Leaders are recognizing that mobile is delivering business value in a variety of forms across the organization.
- Challenge to Change, Why IT Needs to Act Now: CIOs must be involved in key decisions and understand the business use cases that managers want to mobilize, the data those use cases require, and the back-office integrations that need to happen.
- Security is Top of Mind: As the CIO or security officer, your recommendations about policies, best practices, and security requirements for third-party SaaS providers are crucial to your company’s mobile success.
- The Challenge with Siloed Solutions: Because mobile procurement and solution architecture tend to happen in silos, it’s common for enterprises to end up with a patchwork of mobile solutions. Using a single mobile engagement solution provides the service agility and architectural flexibility required to scale for future needs.
- Operational Acumen: Executives and managers outside of IT often forget to consider scalability, reliability, and availability. It is the IT organization’s role to ensure these operational capabilities to maintain business continuity and adjust to future needs.
- Criteria For Selecting a Mobile Engagement Vendor: CIOs leveraging third-party providers need established partners who can empower a variety of use cases across the organization – such as IT management, security, customer service, human resources or marketing. The vendor of choice must also provide domain expertise, service flexibility, demonstrated performance and network reliability, global reach, 24×7 customer support, and financial stability.
A critical success factor for IT and security organizations is effective communications that enable quick decision-making and operational efficiency regardless of location or time of day. The mobile channel offers compelling, new communication and operational solutions for IT and security groups. By utilizing the capabilities of OpenMarket’s Mobile Engagement Platform, CIOs and other IT decision-makers can leverage SaaS-based technology for maximum scalability and flexibility to support a variety of IT and security use cases within their organizations.
For more information on mobile solutions for enterprise IT and security teams, download the white paper: http://www2.openmarket.com/enterprise-it-white-paper
OpenMarket, a subsidiary of Amdocs, helps enterprises use mobile to transform their business. OpenMarket provides mobile engagement solutions for organizations to optimize their operations and enhance relationships with their customers and employees. Major enterprises choose OpenMarket for our domain expertise, service flexibility, demonstrated performance and reliability, global scale, and corporate maturity. We provide smart, interactive connectivity to more than 200 countries, enabling businesses to engage with nearly every mobile user around the world. Our clients trust us to power their mobile business. For more information, visit www.openmarket.com.