There may be other privacy policies that apply to certain services we provide. You will find such policies in the terms of your contract with OpenMarket.
Collecting your personal information
We can get your personal information when you:
- Buy a product or service from us
- Register in order to get information for a specific product or service
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us
- Ask us for more information about a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint
- Use our products or services
- Visit our website
We may also collect information about you from other organizations, if this is appropriate. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories and credit reference agencies. We may also collect information about you from other companies and our business.
Understanding what you want
This, in turn, helps us make our website relevant to your interests and needs. We may use a persistent cookie (a cookie that stays linked to your browser) to record your details so we can recognize you if you visit our website again.
The personal information we collect
The information we collect about you depends on the products and services you use and the way you navigate our website. It includes (but isn’t limited to) the following:
- Standard contact details, such as your name, work address, email, fax, and contact phone numbers
- Social media contact details, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Your role in the business you work in, including seniority and decision making rights
- The name and contact details of any assistant that you delegate work through
- Your interest in receiving marketing, product, or technical alerts
- Our contact history with you (such as calls and emails), and details about your website browsing
Using your personal information
We may use and analyze your information to:
- Process the goods and services you’ve bought from us, and keep you updated with your order progress
- Keep you informed generally about new products and services (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages)
- Provide the relevant service or product to you.
- Contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use our products and services.
- Bill you for using our products or services.
- Respond to any questions or concerns you may have about using our products or services
- Protect our systems and manage the volume of texts and other use of our systems.
- Understand how you use our products and services. That way, we can develop more interesting and relevant products and services.
- Carry out research and statistical analysis including to monitor how customers use our products and services on an anonymous or personal basis
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes, recover debts or trace those who owe us money
- Provide aggregated reports to third parties (such reports do not contain any information which may identify you as an individual).
We’ll store your information for as long as we have to by law. If there’s no legal requirement, we’ll only store it for as long as we need it. We’ll also keep some personal information for a reasonable period after the provision of products and services has finished – just in case you decide to use our services again.
Sharing your personal information
We may share information about you with:
- Companies being part of the OpenMarket Group of companies, or our parent company, Amdocs.
- Suppliers involved in delivering the products and services you’ve ordered or used
- Companies who are engaged to perform services for, on behalf of OpenMarket
- Credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies
- Debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organizations
- Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organizations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorized to by law
We’ll release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
If we’re reorganized or sold to another organization, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organization.
We may need to transfer your information to other group companies or service providers in countries outside the EEA (European Economic Area). This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside the EEA.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have a specialized security team who constantly review and improve our measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction.
If we have a contract with another organization to provide us with services or a service on our behalf to process your personal information, we’ll make sure they have appropriate security measures and only process your information in the way we’ve authorized them to. These organizations won’t be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes. If necessary, our security team will check them to make sure they meet the security requirements we’ve set.
Communications over the Internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered – as this is the nature of the Internet. We can’t accept responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of personal information that’s beyond our control.
Your privacy rights
You can write to us at any time to get a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You can do this by contacting us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe we’re holding inaccurate information about you, please contact email@example.com so we can correct it.
If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from us, please use our unsubscribe page and you’ll be ‘opted out’ of all future marketing.
Changes to this policy by date