MEP User Guide
Creating, Disabling, and Re-enabling Subscriptions
Create a simple mailing list subscription
To create a simple mailing list:
- Click the Subscriptions tab.
Click the + icon beside the Subscription Collection under which you want to create a mailing list.
Alternatively, create a new Subscription Collection to hold your mailing list.
- Click Create Subscription. This opens a pop-up where you can choose the type of subscription to create.
- Enter a Name for your mailing list, select Mailing List, and then click Next.
The next page displays the properties page for the list. The mailing list has now been created.
Disabled subscriptions and subscription collections
You can disable a subscription from the MEP UI, and programmatically using the Disable a Subscription operation. Disabling is also referred to as deleting in the UI.
- Once disabled, MEP ignores the subscription when processing SMS or MMS messages. For example, a broadcasts to the subscription will not send messages.
- You will not be able to add or remove end users via the Add End User to a Subscription or Remove an End User from a Subscription operations.
- You will not be able to add or remove end users manually in the MEP UI.
- However, MEP will continue to add or remove users if the subscription is part of a service.
When you disable a subscription collection, this automatically disables any existing subscriptions within the collection. You can disable or re-enable a subscription collection from the MEP UI (but not from a MEP operation).
Disable a subscription or subscription collection
To disable a subscription or subscription collection, click the delete () icon for the subscription to disable.
Re-enable a subscription or subscription collection
You will also not be able to see disabled subscriptions or subscription collection in the UI unless you have the user role to view disabled subscriptions. Once you have this role, then, on the subscriptions page, click the icon to see disabled subscriptions: