OpenMarket – March 20, 2020
Mobile messaging is becoming an even more important communication channel for the world in 2020 and beyond.
Businesses, charities and public bodies are relying on SMS, MMS and RCS to communicate updates, policies, urgent announcements, and business-as-usual notifications to employees and customers across the globe.
As a central player in this messaging ecosystem, we want to assure partners and customers that our network and service is running as normal.
A new way of working
Our teams in the UK, US, Mexico, India and Australia have successfully transitioned to a work-from-home model.
And our experts will continue to help organizations spin-up use cases and navigate the complex and fragmented global mobile messaging ecosystem.
The backbone of our business – our global messaging network – will continue to enjoy 99.99% system availability.
We’re also ready to scale up traffic if circumstances require. In fact, on Friday 17 March, we transported a record daily number of messages.
What can we do to help?
We will continue to provide visibility and clarity into our business continuity strategy in the coming weeks – so organizations and the mobile messaging industry have confidence in the availability of our network and services.
And our team is here for any organization that wants to discuss how to use mobile messaging to help during these difficult times.
- OpenMarket has a robust Business Continuity Plan to deal with the COVID-19 situation.
- Our employees are safe and continuing their work remotely.
- A cross-functional committee is meeting daily to ensure business continuity.
- We have absolute confidence in our technical teams and our network’s ability to handle increased volume and load.
- It’s business as usual if you’re one of our customers or partners – apart from the odd child or pet sneaking into view during video calls.